We hear it a lot: Donate to JLSL’s Annual Giving Campaign! But why does it matter?
Here’s the official reason: The Annual Giving Campaign is key to helping Junior League of St. Louis meet our ongoing commitment to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Like all nonprofits, our budget revenues – Cinnamon Rolls, sponsorships, fund development activities, JLSL member dues – are not enough to cover our entire budget. That’s where we turn to Annual Giving, with a 2017-18 goal of $22,000 and 100 percent participation from our membership.
What’s it mean outside of League? It means that we can go to our sponsors, community partners and potential grant agencies and tell them that more than 22 percent of our members believe in our mission and our work enough to support us outside of the annual dues that we pay. When we, as members, show our confidence in League’s efforts through Annual Giving, other organizations are more likely to support us.
We all give our time and talent to JLSL. Your donation of as little as $10 to the Annual Giving Campaign will move us toward our 2017-18 goals.
Each donation to the Annual Giving Campaign means that you:
- Support community engagement through programs, including Strong Women & Families Health & Resource Fair, Kids in the Kitchen, Done-In-A-Day projects, League Larks and Nightingales, and Day 366.
- Enable JLSL to recruit and retain talented members.
- Offer training and leadership development opportunities.
- Provide essential support for operations, like paying our internet bill and our staff.
- Commit to the future of our organization.
WAYS TO GIVE
- Write a check to Junior League of St. Louis, indicating “Annual Giving” in the memo. Checks can be dropped off or mailed to Junior League of St. Louis 106 N. Kirkwood Rd. St. Louis, MO 63122.
- Donate online.
- Ask your employer to match your donation to JLSL’s Annual Giving Campaign.